Ph.D. Louisiana State University, 1994
M.S. Louisiana State University, 1990
B.A. University of New Orleans, 1987
Dr. Keim is interested in climate extremes, including heavy rainfall and hurricanes. He also works on issues involving climate datasets, detection of climate change and its impacts, statistical analysis of extremes, and Probable Maximum Precipitation.
- Needham, H.A., B.D. Keim, D. Sathiaraj, and M. Shafer. 2013. A Global Database of Tropical Storm Surges. EOS Transactions, American Geophysical Union 94 (24), 213-214. DOI: 10.1002/2013EO240001.
- Miot da Silva, G., Martinho, C.T., Hesp, P.A., Keim, B.D., and Ferligo, Y., 2013. Changes in dunefield geomorphology and vegetation cover as a response to local and regional climate variations. Journal of Coastal Research Special Issue 65: 1307- 1312.
- Nogueira, R.C., B.D. Keim, D.P. Brown, and K.D. Robbins. 2013. Variability of Rainfall from Tropical Cyclones in the Eastern USA and its Association to the AMO and ENSO. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 112:273-283. DOI:10.1007/s00704-012-0722-y.
- Shankman, D., B.D. Keim, T. Nakayama, R. Li, D. Wu, and C. Remington. 2012. Hydroclimatic Analysis of Severe Floods in China’s Poyang Lake Region. Earth Interactions 16, Article No. 14. DOI: 10.1175/2012EI000455.1
- Needham, H.F., and B.D. Keim. 2012. A Storm Surge Database for the U.S. Gulf Coast. International Journal of Climatology 32(14):2108-2123. DOI: 10.1002/joc.2425.
Climatology of Extreme Events
Global Environmental Change
Physical Geography of the Atmosphere