Ph.D., Tulane University, 1970.
- The Origins of Creole Architecture. Vernacular America (e-book). Chicago: University of Chicago Press (one of fourteen articles in this reader).
- Jay D. Edwards. 2014. “Introduction,” to Richard Sexton’s Creole World. New Orleans: Historic New Orleans Collection. Pp. xxv – xxxiii.
- Jay D. Edwards. 2011. Creolization Theory and Odyssey of the Atlantic LInear Cottage.
- Etnofoor 23 (1):53-85.
- Jay D. Edwards. 2011. Upper Louisiana’s French Vernacular Architecture in the Greater Atlantic World.
- Atlantic Studies. 8(4): 411-445.
- Jay D. Edwards. 2010. New Orleans Shotgun: an Historic Cultural Geography. M. B.
- Hackler, ed. Culture in the Wake: Rhetoric and Reinvention on the Gulf
- Coast. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi.
- Jay D. Edwards. 2009. Shotgun: The Most Contested House in America. Buildings and Landscapes 16.
- Jay D. Edwards. 2008. Unheralded Contributions across the Atlantic. Atlantic
- Studies 5(2):161-201.
- Hendry, Petra Munro and Jay D. Edwards (principal authors). 2009. Old South Baton Rouge: The Roots of Hope. Lafayette, LA: University of Louisiana at Lafayette press, Center for Louisiana Studies.
- Jay D. Edwards and Nicholas Kariouk. 2004. A Creole Lexicon: Architecture, Landscape, People. Baton Rouge: LSU Press. (Louisiana’s historic Creole vocabulary)
- Jay D. Edwards (Editor). 2002. Plantations by the River: Watercolor Paintings from St. Charles Parish, Louisiana by Father Joseph M. Paret, 1859 (In French and English). Baton Rouge: Geoscience Publications and LSU Press
- Book: The Creole Cottage. Under Review by the Historic New Orleans Collection. Estimated publication 2015.
- Book: Shotgun, America’s Atlantic House. To be submitted to the Historic New Orleans Collection. Estimated publication, 2016.
- International Conference. THE HISTORY AND TYPOLOGY OF THE FRENCH CREOLE BUILDINGS OF NEW ORLEANS. To be announced, 2015.