Ph.D. State University of New York at Buffalo, 1997
M.A. State University of New York at Buffalo, 1993
M.A. University of Vienna, Austria, 1990
B.A. University of Vienna, Austria, 1987
Dr. Leitner is currently completing a book on the impact of hurricanes on crime and another book on computational aspects in urban geography. Further ongoing research discusses the spatiotemporal prediction of criminal events and various aspects of the association between lithium in drinking water and suicide mortality.
- Leitner, M. (ed.) (2013) Crime Modeling and Mapping Using Geospatial Technologies. Heidelberg: Springer, 446 pages.
- Tsou, M.-H. & M. Leitner (eds.) (2013) Mapping Cyberspace and Social Media. Special issue of Cartography and Geographic Information Science, 40 (2), pp. 55-155.
- Helbich, M., Leitner, M., & N. D. Kapusta (2012) Geospatial Examination of Lithium in Drinking Water and Suicide Mortality. International Journal of Health Geographics, 11:19.
- Lebeau, J. L. & M. Leitner (eds.) (2011) Spatial Methodologies for Studying Crime. Special issue of The Professional Geographer, 63 (2), pp. 161-261.
- Leitner, M. & M. Helbich (2011) The Impact of Hurricanes on Crime: A Spatio-Temporal Analysis in the City of Houston, TX. Cartography and Geographic Information Science, 38 (2), pp. 214-222.
Methods of Spatial Analysis
Geographic Information Systems
Advanced Geographic Information Systems