Ph. D., University of Maryland, 1972.
- Kesel, Richard H. with Paul Hudson. 2000. “Channel Migration and Meander-bend Curvature in the Lower Mississippi River Prior to Major Human Modification.” Geology 28:531-34.
- Kesel, Richard H. and seven others. 1995. “Local Case Studies of Wetland Loss.” In Status and Trends of Hydrologic Modification, Reduction in Sediment Availability and Habitat Loss/Modification in the Barataria-Terrebonne Estuarine System, D.Reed, ed., Barataria-Terrebonne Estuary Program 20:237-82.
- Kesel, Richard H. with E.Y. Yodis. 1993. “The Effects and Implications of Base-level Changes to Mississippi River Tributaries.” Zeitschrift fur Geomorphologie, N.F. Bd. 37:385-402.
- Kesel, Richard H., E.Y. Yodis, and D.J. McCraw. 1992. “An Approximation of the Sediment Budget of the Lower Mississippi River Prior to Major Human Modification.” Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 17:711-22.
- Kesel, Richard H. and E.Y. Yodis. 1992. “Some Effects of Human Modifications in Sand-bed Channels in Southwestern Mississippi.” Environmental Geology and Water Sciences 20:93-104.