Ph.D. Geography, Texas State University-San Marcos, 2010
M.S. Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resource Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2003
B.E. Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping (integrated into Wuhan Univerisyt in 2000), 2000
- 2014-2015 Co-PI, Buras project, Martin Ecosystems, $50,110
- 2014 Teaching Enhancement Fund (TEF), LSU Office of Academic Affairs and Campus Credit Union, $500
- 2014 Faculty Travel Grant, Office of Research & Economic Development, Louisiana State University, $750
- 2013 PI, Xuelian Meng, Samuel Bentley, Clinton Willson, Lei Wang, Heather McKillop, David Chicoine, Chunyan Li, Carol Friedland, “Acquisition of the Terrestrial Laser Scanner for Multidisciplinary Coastal Research”, funded by Technology Enhancement for Coastal Science & Engineering (TECSE), Office of Research & Economic Development (ORED), Louisiana State University, $145,715.
- 2013 PI, Xuelian Meng, “Mapping fragmented coastal wetland with severe land erosion: a comparison of linear mixture analysis, support vector machine, and maximum likelihood classification”, funded by Summer Stipend Program, Coastal Studies Institute, Louisiana State University, $5,000.
- 2013 PI, Xuelian Meng, “Land-Cover Dynamics at Mississippi River Delta Front and the Impact of Hurricanes and Wetland Conservation”, funded by Summer Stipend Program, Office of Research & Economic Development, Louisiana State University, $5,000.
- Zhao, K., M. García, S. Liu; Q. Guo, G. Chen, X. Zhang, Y. Zhou, X. Meng. 2015. Terrestrial lidar remote sensing of forests: maximum likelihood estimates of canopy profile, leaf area index, and leaf angle distribution. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 208: 1-14.
- Meng, X., N. Currit, L. Wang, and X. Yang. 2012. Detect residential buildings from lidar and aerial photographs through object-oriented land-use classification. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 78(1): 35-44.
- Meng, X., N. Currit, and K. Zhao. 2010. Ground filtering algorithms for airborne LiDAR data: a review of critical issues. Remote Sensing, 2(3): 833-860.
- Meng, X., L. Wang, and N. Currit. 2009. Morphology-based building detection from airborne LIDAR data. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 75(4): 427-442.
- Meng, X., L. Wang, J.L. Silván, and N. Currit. 2009. A multi-directional ground Filtering algorithm for airborne LIDAR. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 64(1): 117-124.
GEOG 4020/ANTH 4024 Aerial Photo Interpretation and Image Processing
GEOG 4045 Environmental Remote Sensing
GEOG 4047 Geographic Informaiton Systems