Hexagon Geospatial offers a suite of remote sensing and geographic information system (GIS) software for spatial analysis of raster and vector data. Products covered in LSU’s license agreement include:
- ERDAS IMAGINE Professional – graphical Spatial Model Editor for building and executing re-usable spatial recipes, multispectral image classification, hyperspectral image processing and point cloud tools
- IMAGINE Expansion Pack – includes automated image-to-image coregistration (AutoSync), 3D visualization and analysis (VirtualGIS), wizard-based change detection (DeltaCue), orthorectifying Radar data (OrthoRadar), NITF support, extracting terrain from SAR images and stereo feature collection
- ERDAS ER Mapper – advanced image processing and compression capabilities geared toward oil, gas, and mineral industries
- IMAGINE Photogrammetry – includes Stereo and multi-image eATE
- IMAGINE Terrain Editor – includes TE and Stereo
- PRO600 CART
- PRO600 DTM
- GeoMedia Professional – includes grid analysis, data fusion, transaction management, public works management, parcel management
- GeoMedia Transportation Manager
- GeoMedia Motion Video Analyst Professional – analysis of motion video taken from UAVs and other moving vehicles
- GeoMedia Advanced Collection – includes functionality from GeoMedia Feature Topographer
- ERDAS APOLLO Essentials
Students can request a free student license that includes GeoMedia and ERDAS IMAGINE. Licenses expire in June every year. Submit a request here.
Faculty and staff
A license that includes GeoMedia and ERDAS IMAGINE can be purchased for $150. Licenses expire in June every year. To purchase a license, complete this form.
Instructions for licensing and installation
Hexagon no longer uses composite IDs and license files. Now a unique activation ID must be entered after installing the products.
Downloads can be found at https://download.hexagongeospatial.com (you might have to register). Depending on your license type, follow the set of instructions below for students or faculty.
- Search for and download “ERDAS IMAGINE 2018” or “GeoMedia Desktop 2018“.
- Once a file has downloaded for a product, extract the zip file and in the extracted folder run Setup.exe.
- After installing and running IMAGINE or GeoMedia for the first time, you will be prompted to activate your license. Choose “Node Locked Activation ID” and paste the code given to you by your campus license administrator.
Faculty and Staff
- Search for and download “Geospatial License Administrator 2018” in addition to “ERDAS IMAGINE 2018” or “GeoMedia Desktop 2018“.
- Once a file has downloaded for a product, extract the zip file and in the extracted folder run Setup.exe. Install the license administrator first.
- After installation, open Geospatial License Administrator 2018, click License > Activate License(s) > Add > paste your Activation ID > click OK > Activate > Close. Your Activation ID will be provided by your campus license administrator.