The Department of Geography and Anthropology has a Graduate Research Materials Award fund to support non-travel expenses for dissertation and thesis research, including the purchase of items such as digital data, archival materials, technical equipment, laboratory services or supplies, and/or data processing. Generally, a total of $500-700 is available per semester for making the awards. Awards will be made according to the quality of the proposal and the amount of funding available.
- Application deadlines: November 1 and April 1, noon CST.
- Eligibility: All students currently enrolled in an LSU Geography and Anthropology graduate program. Only one Research Materials Award will be made per student per degree program (Master’s/Ph.D.).
- How to Apply: Complete the Research Materials Application Form, and submit online.
- Application Requirements: All items purchased with award monies become property of the department following completion of your degree.
- Report deadline: Awardees are required to report on how the funds were used for research, in a 500-word report submitted online, along with a description of how the funds were spent (with photocopies of receipts). Reports for awards made November 1 are due April 1. Reports for awards made April 1 are due November 1. Students may also be required to present on their research related to the award at a department Friday Forum.